24 June 2010

Experimental Psychopharm Semi-Phail

Mid-nocturnal insomnia has been frustrating me with its frequency as of the last few weeks. Having a rather abundant medicine cabinet, I decided to fight off this nuisance with an adequate dose of Zolpidem. In past trials, hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations caused me to shy away from taking this medication, however last night, I finally overcame my fear of the unreal. Disoriented, I dove right into the hallucinatory abyss and figured, for old time's sake, it would be a good opportunity to see if I could write something quasi-interesting and pharmacologically induced. My experimental bust exposed itself vividly on my computer screen despite that I could not really open my eyes one hour post dose. My laptop sat on my stomach and the befuddling gallimaufry of incomplete, tangential sentences and poor diction elucidated my failure in an all-too-familiar hypnopompic state. The bright side is that I finally enjoyed a peaceful night's sleep. I'll count that as a victory any day of the week. Now for my spoils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
a toda madre o un desmadre